• Senior post Dax Moyer scored a career-best 28 points Tuesday night as Fort Sumner turned back Elida 78-69 in the District 3-1A opener for both teams at Elida.
Sophomore forward Kolter West added 11 points for the Foxes (8-6), who trailed only briefly 41-40 midway through the third period but then scored the next seven points. Senior guard Magin Montoya led the Tigers (6-8) with a season-best 27 points, while senior post Kody Paiz added 23 and junior post Jordyn Tivis scored 11.
• Bovina got 16 points from Andrew Maruffo and defeated Morton 54-46 in the District 5-1A opener for both teams at Bovina.
The Mustangs (7-9) built a 34-20 halftime lead and held off the Indians, who pulled within four points in the fourth quarter. Dorian Vela added 12 points and Desmond Fox 10 for Bovina.
• Farwell, leading by just three points at halftime, outscored Springlake-Earth 37-16 in the second half to bury the Wolverines 64-40 in both teams’ District 5-1A opener at Farwell. The Steers (14-5) got 12 points from 6-foot-4 senior center Octavio Chavez and 11 from junior guard Luke Carpenter, while Springlake-Earth was led by 17 points from Blake Betz.
• Senior center Lucas Walthers scored 26 points to lead unbeaten Texico past Melrose 79-55 at Texico. Senior forward Seth Bailey added 13 points and junior guard Jose Posada 12 for the Wolverines (12-0), who led 47-20 at halftime.
Seniors Clint Barnard and Hayden Huber scored 13 and 11, respectively, for the Buffaloes (5-5).
• The Clovis junior varsity put all 13 players in the scorebook in a 74-44 win at Clovis Christian. Mikey Chavez was the only Wildcats player in double figures with 12 points, while senior Cordy Wilhoit topped the Eagles (1-12) with nine.
• Muleshoe got four 3-pointers and 26 points from Tyson Turnbow in a 72-48 non-district win at Lockney. Cooper Washington chipped in 13 points and Nick Hurtado added three 3-pointers and 11 points for the Mules (11-9).
• Senior guard Mark Butler scored 17 points and freshman Dylan Privett added 14 as Dora (8-7) outscored Gateway Christian 21-11 in the fourth quarter to nail down a 55-46 win at Roswell. Benjamin Thomas led the Warriors with 13 points.
• Farwell improved to 18-3 (2-0 District 5-1A) with a 64-40 win over Springlake-Earth at home. Senior guards Tiffani Jones (19), Laura Martinez (15) and Keegan Langford (11) combined for 45 points and four 3-pointers for the Lady Blue.
• Floydada pulled away in the final three minutes for a 61-53 victory over Muleshoe in a Texas District 2-2A matchup. The Lady Whirlwinds (16-6, 2-0) led most of the way, but the Lady Mules (6-16, 0-2) pulled even 47-47 with about three minutes left.
Floydada hit 15-of-20 free throws, including 7-of-8 in the final quarter. Muleshoe was 18-of-27 from the line, but only 2-of-8 in the fourth period.
Megan Aleman scored 16 points for the Lady Whirlwinds, while Bianca Suarez netted three of the team’s six 3-pointers and finished with 13 points and Whitley Beedy added 10. For Muleshoe, Yvonne Gardea scoerd 17 points and Sarah Johnson had 15.
• Senior Shanna Anthony’s 19 points led Elida (11-4) past Fort Sumner 43-33 in the District 3-1A opener for both teams at Elida. The Vixens (8-4) got 14 points from junior guard Sarah Stinnett.
• Morton erased a six-point deficit at the quarter to beat Bovina 58-47 in District 5-1A. The Fillies (6-9, 0-2) got 13 points from Myra Gomez, 12 from Yoselin Rueda and 11 from Daniela Flores.
• Texico (11-5) cruised to a 36-17 halftime lead and rolled past Melrose 68-33 at Texico behind 17 points from senior guard Victoria Richards, 14 from senior guard Shannon Van Matre and 12 from senior forward Katlin Luscombe. Freshman Cara Barnard led the Lady Buffaloes (5-5) with 11 points.
• Molly McAlister’s 13 points led four Dora players in double figures and the Lady Coyotes routed Gateway Christian 66-34 at Roswell. Kelli Merrick added 11 points and Aubrey Butler and Jessica Fierro chipped in 10 each for the Lady Coyotes (12-4), while the Lady Warriors were topped by eight points from Robrena Wade.
— Compiled by Dave Wagner