• Junior guard Sarah Stinnett scored 21 points Saturday night as Fort Sumner beat Tucumcari 44-26.
The Vixens (9-5) took a 21-12 halftime lead over the Lady Rattlers (7-4) and stayed in control. Laura Fought and Lorri Harmon each scored six points for Tucumcari.
• Junior guard Mandy Rush scored 19 points and senior guard Skylar Starbuck added 16 as Grady outlasted Clovis Christian 48-42 in the District 4-1A opener for both teams. It was the 200th career win at Grady for coach Alicia Rush.
The Lady Bronchos (8-8) outscored CCS 12-5 in the third quarter to break away from a 22-22 halftime tie. Senior guard Jocelyn Swann scored 25 points for the second game in a row for the Lady Eagles (2-12), while senior guard Julia Roberts finished with 12 points.
• Junior Reavis Best led three Elida players in double figures in the Lady Tigers’ 71-34 rout of Valley Christian at Elida. Senior Shana Anthony added 15 points and junior Margarita Ortiz 13 for the Lady Tigers (12-5).
Dangela Parsons scored 13 points and Jaci Morton 11 for VCA.
• Senior guard Dalton Thomas scored 15 points and sophomore forward Efrain Rodriguez added 10 in Grady’s 47-30 District 4-1A victory at Clovis Christian, the first win of the season for the Bronchos (1-14, 1-0).
CCS (2-18, 0-1), which beat Grady 60-58 in last week’s EPAC tournament, got 11 points from freshman Kendall Naceanceno.
• Tucumcari got a combined 53 points from Travis Garcia, Jake Martinez and Jantzen Darnell and the Rattlers posted a 64-53 win over Fort Sumner at Tucumcari.
Garcia (19 points), Martinez (17) and Darnell (17) each had a trio of 3-pointers. The Rattlers (4-9) had a 9-1 margin in 3-pointers and sank 17-of-24 free throws to 4-of-12 for the Foxes (8-7).
Senior post Dax Moyer scored 22 points for Fort Sumner, while sophomore forward Kolter West had 13.
• Senior post Kody Paiz scored 24 points and senior guard Magin Montoya added 18 as Elida (7-9) won at home over Valley Chritian 58-48. Lance Vander Hulst had 15 points and Taylor Line 12 for VCA (8-4).