• Senior post Dax Moyer scored 21 points and Fort Sumner held off a Melrose rally for a 48-46 win in District 3-1A at Fort Sumner.
Sophomore guard Skylar McMath added 10 points for the Foxes (10-8, 3-0 district), who led 42-33 going into the final period. The Buffaloes (7-6, 1-1) got 15 points from senior Clint Barnard and 12 each from seniors Mitchum Rush and Sammy Lawrence.
• At Elida, the Dora Coyotes overcame an eight-point halftime deficit to post a 49-43 District 3-1A victory over the Tigers.
Freshman Dylan Privett scored 15 points and senior Mark Butler and sophomore Kyler King added 13 each for Dora (9-9, 1-1), which outscored the Tigers 29-15 in the second half. Senior Kody Paiz scored 13 points and senior Magin Montoya had 12 for Elida (8-10, 0-2).
• In District 5-1A, Farwell got five 3-pointers and 23 points from junior guard Josh Olivas in a 79-50 win at Bovina.
Junior guard Lincoln Devault added 14 points while senior center Octavio Chavez and junior center Rane Carpenter chipped in 12 each for the Steers (16-6, 3-1). The Mustangs (7-12, 1-3) were led by 17 points from junior Desmond Fox, while Andrew Marrufo (12) and Dorian Vela (11) also reached double figures.
• Texico bounced back from its first loss of the season to spank Eunice 64-31 at Texico behind four 3-pointers and 18 points from senior Seth Bailey. Junior Lucas Walthers added 13 points and senior Kyle Boatman had 11 for the Wolverines (15-1), who lost to top-ranked and unbeaten Mesilla Valley 63-50 at Texico last weekend.
The Cardinals (4-10), who fell into a 21-6 hole after one quarter, were led by 11 points by senior Blake Smith.
• At Muleshoe, the Mules improved to 13-10 overall and 2-1 in District 2-2A with a 70-38 thumping of Tulia.
Zach Toscano scored 17 points and led three players in double figures for the Mules, who opened a 17-6 lead at the quarter over the Hornets (9-13, 0-3), then blew the game wide open with a 25-10 run in the third quarter. Tyson Turnbow added 11 points and Cooper Washington 10 for Muleshoe.