• Senior guard Tiffani Jones scored 23 points, including three 3-pointers, and the Farwell Lady Blue finished the regular season with a 70-36 District 5-1A victory over Bovina at Farwell.
Senior guard Laura Martinez added 13 points and senior guard Kristin Langford had 11 for Farwell (24-5, 8-21 district), which finished second in the district and faces Sundown in a 6:30 p.m. (CST) Class 1A bi-district playoff game on Friday at Littlefield. Sundown finished third in District 6-1A.
Senior Yoselin Rueda scored 16 points to lead the Fillies (6-17, 0-10).
• At Texico, the Lady Wolverines dominated the middle two quarters en route to a 55-41 non-district win over Dora.
Leading 12-10, Texico (17-5) outscored the Lady Coyotes 33-11 over the middle two periods to build a 24-point cushion. Only senior forward Katlin Luscombe reached double figures for the Lady Wolverines with 10 points, but five others finished between six and nine points.
Junior post Kelli Merrick topped all scorers with 19 points for Dora (19-5).
• Freshman guard LaNay Crenshaw hit a tie-breaking 3-pointer in the closing seconds to lift Fort Sumner to a 45-42 District 3-1A victory over host Melrose.
The Lady Buffaloes (8-9, 0-5) overcame a five-point halftime deficit by outscoring Fort Sumner 14-4 in the third quarter. The Vixens pulled even on two free throws with 40 seconds left by junior guard Sarah Stinnett, who had a team-high 15 points.
Crenshaw finished with 11 points for Fort Sumner (12-10, 2-5). Senior Shelby McElroy scored 16 points for the Lady Buffs.
• Sarah Johnson scored 15 points and Yvonne Gardea added 13 to lift Muleshoe past Friona 50-38 at Muleshoe in District 2-2A.
Muleshoe (10-20, 4-6), which finished its season, held the Squaws (14-14, 5-5) to eight field goals, including five 3-pointers. Friona, led by 13 points from Regan Anthony, hurt itself at the free throw line, going 7-for-17.
• Senior Matthew Stanberry scored 18 points and senior Joey Dickson added 11 as Friona upended District 2-2A co-leader Muleshoe 54-47 at Muleshoe, but the Mules remained tied for the top spot when Floydada was upended by Dimmitt.
Muleshoe (17-11, 6-2) plays at Childress on Friday and at Floydada on Tuesday, so it can win the district by winning out. Friona (20-7, 5-3) is lurking in third place.
Zack Toscano had 13 points, Tyson Turnbow added 7-of-7 free throws and 12 points and Cooper Washington tallied 10 for the Mules.
• Senior post Dax Moyer scored 17 points and Fort Sumner ran away to an 84-48 win over host Melrose in a District 3-1A contest.
Sophomore forward Kolter West added 16 points, sophomore guard Skylar McMath scored 13 and junior post Caleb West chipped in 12 for the Foxes (15-9, 6-1), who won for the second time in two nights after beating Dora at home on Monday night.
Senior Sammy Lawrence led all scorers with four 3-pointers and 21 points for the Buffaloes (10-7, 3-2), while senior Clint Barnard added 17.
• Farwell dominated from the start and handed Bovina a 71-27 loss in District 5-1A play at Farwell.
Junior guard Landry Actkinson led four Steers in double figures with 14 points. Junior center Rane Carpenter added 13 points, junior guard Josh Olivas 11 and junior guard Lincoln Devault 10 for Farwell (20-7, 7-2).
The Mustangs (8-16, 2-7) were led by 14 points from freshman Andrew Marrufo.
• Senior forward Seth Bailey scored 20 points and senior guard Quin Winkles added a season-best 11 as Texico bounced back from a three-point loss to Santa Rosa on Saturday for a 69-45 non-district win over Dora at Texico.
Seven players contributed points as Texico outscored the Coyotes 20-5 in the second quarter, turning a five-point lead into a 41-21 cushion at the break.
Sophomore Colton Gruis led the Coyotes (9-14) with 13 points, while sophomore Kyler King added 11 and senior Mark Butler finished with 10.