State Representative Dennis Roch (R-Tucumcari) announced that the House of Representatives has passed Senate Bill 1,
legislation which would allow voters to consider four General Obligation (G.O.) bonds in the November election.
“In this tough economic climate, capital outlay funding is simply unavailable,” Roch said. “My colleagues and I therefore felt it was important to give voters the opportunity to approve bond sales which would support critical capital improvements for schools, libraries, and senior centers across the state.”
If approved by voters this fall, proceeds from the sale of these G.O. Bonds would fund the following capital projects in eastern New Mexico:
· Grady Senior Center – Equipment and installation ($5,200)
· Tucumcari Senior Center – Renovations and equipment ($30,000)
· House Senior Center – Equipment and installation ($5,300)
· Clayton Senior Center – Renovations and equipment ($187,000)
· Des Moines Senior Center – Renovations and equipment ($16,100)
· Clovis Community College – Computer Lab renovation and equipment
· ENMU Greyhound Arena – Ventilation system maintenance and repair
· Eastern N.M. University – Infrastructure improvements ($7,000,000)
Additional details on these and other bills passed by the state legislature are available online at [http://www.nmlegis.gov/]www.nmlegis.gov.