4-Hers represent Quay County at State 4-H Conference
Twelve Quay County 4-Hers attended the 2010 State 4-H Conference July 12-16 in Las Cruces. They competed in contests, attended
leadership workshops, elected new state officers and went to dances.
Five former Quay County 4-H leaders were inducted into the New Mexico 4-H Hall of Fame. They were Phillip and Kathleen Box, Ray and Carolyn Sumruld and Ruby Nealene Bradley. They continue to support the 4-H program.
Georgia Mitchell finished her term as state vice president by presenting at the general sessions and officers workshop.
Quay County’s award winners are:
• Home Economics Presentations: Carmen and Jordan Runyan
• Horticulture: Megan Thompson, Taylor Atwood, Bethany Bishop and Sid Truelock
Atwood was second-high individual, and Thompson was fifth-high individual.
• Entomology: Randall Rush, Taylor Atwood, Blake Moon and Bethany Bishop
Rush was the high-point individual, and Atwood was third-high individual.
• Land: Richard and Randall Rush, Sid Truelock and Chase Thompson
Randall Rush was the third-high individual, and Richard Rush was fourth-high individual.
• Livestock Skill-a-thon: Richard and Randall Rush and Cody Massey.
Randall Rush was fourth-high individual, and Richard Rush was fifth-high individual
• Crops: Richard Rush was second-high individual
• Dairy: Richard and Randall Rush, Chase Thompson and Georgia Mitchell
Thompson was the high-point individual, and Richard Rush was second-high individual.
• The Dairy judging team, Land judging team and Home Economics Presentations all have
qualified for National Contest.