The Quay County Commission approved as much as $2,000 of improvements to the show ring and south end of the Quay County Fair Barn during Monday’s regular meeting.
The fairgrounds needs improvement to its ventilation system, said Justin Knight, president of the Quay County Fair Board.
Knight said the people attending the livestock showing events have had to endure hot temperatures during the fair due to little to no air circulation. He said the board is requesting the commissioner’s assistance in purchasing fans for the show ring and possible repair to the evaporative units on the south end of the fair barn.
The commissioners approved $2,000 to aid in the purchase of fans at the show ring.
In other business, commissioners:
• Approved of CAP-4, CO-OP-4: Lot-4 Quay Road 63 improvement bid for $481,031.31. The commission will re-bid for Lots 1,2 and 3.
• Heard a presentation from Janie Hoffman, Quay County deputy assessor, on the value error in the property tax release.
• Reviewed the proposed purchase of vehicle for the Quay County Road Department at a cost of $177,000. The purchase will be considered for approval once Larry Moore, county road superintendent, confirms pricing for the five vehicles.
• Approved a memorandum of agreement between the county and the New Mexico Department of Health for janitorial services at the county health clinic.
• Scheduled a special meeting for May 16 for Community Development Block Grant agreement submission.
• Held an executive session pertaining to threatened or pending litigation. No action was taken.