The Quay County Sun won five awards, including a first place award for news writing, in small-newspaper competition at the Panhandle Press Association’s annual gathering Saturday in Amarillo.
The Sun also won a second-place award for news photos and third place awards for feature photos, sports writing and serious column.
In all, Clovis Media Inc. newspapers, which include the Sun, earned 20 awards at the annual gathering.
The Clovis News Journal received the top honor—general excellence in the large-newspaper division —for the fourth straight year and for the 11th time since 2002.
CNJ earned 14 awards, including six for first place.
The Portales News-Tribune picked up one award in the large-newspaper division.
The Muleshoe Journal also fared well at the competition, earning nine awards, including first place in news photos and humorous column.
Here are the Clovis Media awards:
Clovis News Journal
• First place: Feature photos, sports writing, advertising design, front-page layout, news photos, society/lifestyles.
• Second place: Headline writing, news writing, serious column, sports photos.
• Third place: Humorous column, editorial, website.
• Third place: News writing.
• First place: News photos, humorous column.
• Second place: Headline writing, front-page layout, serious column.
• Third place: Society/lifestyle, editorial, sports photos, website.