A sampling of reports taken from the last few days at the Tucumcari Police Department:
• At 6:34 a.m., a call was received for loose cattle N.M. 552 and the Canadian River bridge. A member of the family that owned the cattle was contacted.
• At 9 a.m., a welfare check was requested at Fifth and Charles streets. The caller advised two small children were in the roadway. An officer found the children and returned them to their parent, who said they slipped out while she was washing dishes.
• At 11:26 a.m., a caller reported a possible fire south of I-40. Dispatch contacted the county fire marshal, who said it was a controlled burn. A truck was sent out as a precaution.
• At 12:56 p.m., a caller reported a motorcycle driver near the middle school driving in excess of 80 miles per hour and doing wheelies. No suspect was found.
• At 9:47 p.m., an alarm went off at a body shop. An officer checked the business eight minutes later, and found everything secure.